Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Bones, Bones, Bones - #Chewyinfluencer



HI. Sunshine the Cat here. I will be 15 years old this May and I am telling you - sometimes my bones stiffen up. It is the price one pays for being elegantly elderly. It isn't too bad I can still jump up on the shoji screen where my bowl is located. Most of the time, that is. Some days it just isn't happening.

That is why when the January Newsletter from Chewy.com came around, I asked if I could indulge in a little KITTY care. I chose something for my BONES - Glucosamine. The selection for January was for NaturVet Glucosamine DS Plus MSM & Chondroitin Chews, that are suitable for dogs and cats.


I think the main selling point of this particular glucosamine is the fact it is chewable. Who wants to take chalky pills? And taking drops? No way - I will shred whoever tries to feed me liquid vitamins. So being a soft chew just makes sense. The flavor is pleasant and when broken into smaller bites, quite kitty appropriate.

Glucosamine is an amino sugar found in bones and is believed to help alleviate pain from osteo-arthritis. The NaturVet Glucosamine also contains Chondroitan which is a longwinded way of saying carbohydrate found in the cartilage, and MSM which is Méthylsulfonylméthane and it helps with flexibility. This is all doctory verbage which means it takes away the ache of aging.

I have to say I am quite pleased with them. I feel pretty good and have been happy to hop up on the counter for food or treats. Or to play on my new Boogie Mat (Chewy.com also sells them) which resides on the top floor of my condo.

Not reviewing - just bragging
The only downside is an on-going one in this house - human error. I am constantly reminding my human servants to dose me up on NaturVet Glucosamine. It should be automatic, I should think. It is their job, after all. But that is not a negative re the product. Just a general gripe.

Thank you Chewy.com for providing me with this elixir of youth (free of charge, I might add) and allowing me to share my opinions of the product. No one pays me for this - it is a favor I do the world.

2 comments:

Matilda the Boxer said...

We're so glad it helps you, Sunshine! My kitty sister Pigeon just turned 16, and she doesn't jump like she used to either.

Bella Roxy & Macdui said...

Roxy takes glucosamine in chewable form...kangaroo flavour. Hope it helps you.