Monday, September 25, 2017

What About Dave? #chewyinfluencer


Mommy was talking about some dude named DAVE the other day and I totally did NOT get what she was talking about. I mean - I don't know any Daves, Davids, or Daveys. So how was this relevant to me and my total PUGness?

It turns out that Dave's is a private label pet food which is found at Chewy.com. This food, created by. . . um . . . Dave (?) . . . is wholesome, grainfree and DELICIOUS - according to the label. At this point, I had not tried it. But it was on Chewy.com's September list and Mommy thought, WHY NOT? She is like that. Always willing to jump in with both feet (or paws, in my case).

So that's how we discovered DAVE's Dog Food 95% Premium Chicken.



But the story does not stop there. I did some research on this so-called DAVE. Turns out he is a REAL PERSON and his company grew out of his exsisting business, his pet feed store. And even today it is a small family run operation that ALLOWS DOGS AT WORK. That's not all, the company is very active in hurricane relief efforts (this is certainly a big need this year with Harvey, Irma, Jose, Maria. . .); AND they are also active with pet rescue. You know me. . . I am a sucker for a company with a CAUSE.

So we got the canned dog food*, chicken, of course. . . Mommy figured I could use it as a topper because I still like some crunch in my diet. Molly could eat it as  a stand alone because she prefers (and her toothlessness demands) soft food.

When it arrived, it looked just like the cheap brands on the shelf what we walk on past. Really, Dave does not put a whole lot of GLITTER and GLOSS in his labels. Now I find that totally endearing. At the time I thought. . . hmmmmm.

The Mommy opened the first can. It smelled A'IGHT. Well, it smelled more than that. It smelled downright delicious. It looked mushy and a bit like Alpo (which I never get. . . I saw it in an ad. . . or something. . .). Mommy went HMMMMM and I went HMMMM and Molly went "Gimme!"

This is how my bowl looked when Mommy finally dished it out. Pretty appetizing, huh? Turns out the food looks a little Alpo-ish until you scoop it out. Then you see it is really REAL HONEST TO GOODNESS chicken ground up. Oh My Tomato!!!! It tastes so good.



I am drooling as I write this review because I just think of the rich flavor and good-for-me recipe and the way it feels in my mouth. Mommy said when I first tried DAVE'S Dog Food, I even stopped and SAVORED the food for a millisecond. That is UNHEARD OF in this pug's life.

But it isn't just the flavor that won me and Mommy over. Look at the ingredients -
Chicken, Chicken Broth, Chicken Liver, Agar-Agar, Potassium Chloride, Salt, Choline Chloride, Calcium Carbonate, Iron Proteinate, Zinc Proteinate, Manganese Proteinate, Copper Proteinate, Magnesium Proteinate, Sodium Selenite, Calcium Iodate, Vitamin E Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Niacin Supplement, Calcium Pantothenate, Biotin, Vitamin A Supplement, Riboflavin Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Folic Acid.

Nothing on that list is manufactured or fake. It is real food and naturally occurring vitamins and minerals. All good stuff. And because it is CHICKEN and CHICKEN BROTH, mostly, it is high protein but low in calories. So I can eat a full serving (not a DIET portion) and retain my svelte pug figure. And best of all -

Dave's has the QUALITY of high priced food but the PRICE of the cheap stuff. So it is affordable for families on a budget, like mine.

Chewy.com sells Dave's Dog Food in 12 can cases  AND at a very reasonable price. I suggest you stock up today. Once word gets out about this great and affordable food, there will BE A SHORTAGE, I am sure.

Oh! I forgot to mention that DAVE'S DOG FOOD come in more than one flavor. Pick your fave from

  • Beef
  • Turkey
  • Chicken
  • Beef & Chicken
Dave's also has 3 other formulas of dog food as well as cat food - there is something for everypuggy!


We give this food 8 paws and smaller 4 Cat paws because Sunshine begged to try it!!!

*We received , free of charge from Chewy.com, sufficient food to try, test, and develop an opinion of. We received no moneys at all for the review nor were we told what to say. All opinions are those of the owners of this blog which is really owner - me - noodles the pug.


4 comments:

Scooter said...

Wow, sounds like "Dave" must be a fabulous cook! BWAR HAR HAR Anything from Chewy is bound to be delish. Great to see you again, my furiend.

Bella Roxy & Macdui said...

We think we like Dave! Quality food, healthy AND helping animals....WOW!

Idaho PugRanch said...

We got some Dave's too - fishermans stew!!!! Yummy!
hugs
Hazel & Mabel

The Daily Pip said...

Dave sounds like a great guy and his food sounds even better. Kind of nice to know there is a real person behind the food. We might try some of this, too.