Friday, June 16, 2017

I Am A BERRY BERRY Good Girl!



Sometime back I mentioned that the STRAWBERRY PLANTS in my backyard had lotsa berries. But they were green and quite small still so I could not eat them. I draw the line at eating sour green strawberries. So I have been patient. . . BERRY, berry patient (see what I did there? I made a PUN).

I go outside all the time to check on them - to do my bidness, to sit in the morning sunshine, to water the plants with Aunt T. . . and so on. Green, green, green.

Yesterday I decided to take a closer look


Nothing here. . .


Whaddya know! I see something RED . . .


What a lovely SIGHT . . . My mouth is watering. . .


Oh wait! There's TWO???????


Mommy decided to TORTURE me by holding that luscious red BERRY in front of me and making me wait! Come a little closer MOMMY. . . Yes, like that. . . HA!!! I got IT!


And it was GONE! Stem, leaves and all. It was so yummy I could hardly believe it. I simply cannot wait for the OTHER STRAWBERRIES to ripen.

What about the second one I saw? Well, Aunt T picked it later in the day and said it should have waited a couple of days. It was still sour. Oh well. There are many many more that I KNOW I will enjoy in the next few weeks.

Have a great weekend - keep cool if you are in the part of the country where the temps are going up Up UP!

And Here's another of my 100 Affirmations below


3 comments:

Two French Bulldogs said...

You are berry good and deserve berries!
Lily & Edward

LBJ said...

Those look SOOOO yummy!

Your Mom grows nice things. My Mom has a "brown thumb".

Abby Lab

Pug Slope said...

I applaud your patience, Noodles. I think I'd probably eat them before they even turned red. LOL!

-Love,
Sid.