I know, I know. You hear this from me A LOT! Disneyland this. . . Mickey Mouse that. . . I KNOW!
I just can't help it - I am a M-O-U-S-Eaholic. And this time of year - as we are approaching Thanksgiving? Well I just can't help but ponder a visit to the Happiest Place on Earth. How I long to be sitting on the curb (which is cleaner than my kitchen), sipping hot cocoa, eating the tastiest gingerbread cookie in town, and watching A Christmas Fantasy Parade. Ahhhhhhh! That is living.
Do you think there is a Disneyland Addicts Anonymous? Someplace you can go and talk about your addiction and perhaps work through it?
Maybe there is a 10 step program for Disney addicts? Yeah, I know IT should be 12 steps but I thought that was too many. . . maybe I can shorten it to something I can handle better. . . like FIVE?
Let's see. . . it would go something like this:
- I acknowledge that I am addicted to THE MOUSE. I must find strength to resist his smiling face and cheerful walk.He is a CARTOON CHARACTER.
- I strive to NOT walk into that gate believing I am walking into the Happiest Place on Earth and that all my cares will melt away. It is just a THEME PARK.
- I must make it my goal to save money for the future and not spend every dime I make on a 3 day trip to SoCal. IT IS OVERPRICED- gate price, food, accommodations, etc)
- I need to search for other truths than "I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse." WALT DISNEY WAS JUST A MAN.
- I. . . .I. . . . I GIVE UP!! Hello Disney Travel? Can you book my trip for Thanksgiving to the Happiest Place on Earth? Yes. . . I'll HOLD.
(voice over phone: "Your wait will be approximately 30 minutes. . .")